Tuesday, August 16, 2016

REAL Volunteers Make a Difference


Every year, Sherwin Williams’ employees work together during National Paint Week to make a difference in their community. For the past three years, they've teamed up with Real Services and that's how they found June.
“I had an 80 acre farm in Starke County and when I married, my husband had this house,” explains 90-year-old June.
It was back in 1970 when June moved in.
“See, there was just a small porch here to begin with. Well, my son came down here with the back hoe and tore that off and then dug the footing for this. Then, a friend of my husband's laid the brick up,” June continues.
Forty-some years later, she hasn't left.
“Well, I have always had the house clean, primed up and everything, but since he died it is pretty hard money wise and everything else,” says June.
“Everything was starting to run down and on a very fixed income she can't do it,” explains June’s daughter Susan. “I want to keep her in her home for as long as we can.”
Watch the video!  Click here.
For more information about how you or your group can volunteer, call 574-284-7138 or email allen2@realservices.org.


No comments:

Post a Comment